Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
and the Rams anticipate
ST. LOUIS -- Getting drafted second overall has got to be a heady feeling. Greg Robinson checked any ego at the door, learning quickly how to fit in with the St. Louis Rams. The Rams plan on Robinson beginning his career at guard instead of tackle, where he starred at Auburn. The 6-foot-5, 332-pound Robinson has been a willing convert at a position he last played in high school in Thibodaux, Louisiana. "Everything happens faster," Robinson said. "I can get my hands on them faster, so its something that I think I can grow into. Sooner or later, its going to come." Running back Tre Mason ran behind Robinson on Auburns national championship runner-up team last year and has loads of confidence in his fellow rookie. The Tigers totalled 64 rushing touchdowns the last two seasons and the Rams anticipate Mason will be a change-of-pace option behind Zac Stacey. "When hes lead blocking for me, we love it," Mason said. "I know he can play anywhere on that O-line. Really, you could line him up at quarterback." Robinson could eventually move outside, given left tackle Jake Long is in the final year of his contract. Long is rehabbing from knee surgery and said Tuesday he expects to be ready for the opener. Robinson can draw on the experience of teammate Rodger Saffold, also a left tackle in college and at the start of his NFL career, too. "Yeah, he told me it was hard for him at the beginning, but something he got accustomed to," Robinson said. "Its something Im really going to have to work on and really learn in and out. Im sure theyre not going to play anybody thats not ready." Saffold started at three spots last year and will be the right guard, joking "at least I know where Ill be." The Rams re-signed him to a free-agent deal after he failed a physical in Oakland related to a shoulder injury, and hes comfortable playing guard for the foreseeable future. "Yeah, cant fight it," Saffold said. "Just got to roll with the punches. The goal is the same, its just one slot inside." Besides the physical factor, Robinson is adjusting to a much deeper playbook with even more wrinkles inside than at tackle. Robinson said Auburn perfected a "select few" plays. "Its a lot for him, but the good thing is hes listening to everybody," Saffold said. "We expect a lot out of him and hes coming along." Long, the first overall pick in 2008 by the Dolphins, has been doing a lot of individual work this week plus "stuff inside that you dont see," coach Jeff Fisher said. The Rams anticipate hell be a full participant by the middle of training camp. "Every week we try to introduce something more," Long said. "Im really excited and happy with how Im progressing." The 29-year-old Long said hes been rehabbing five or six hours a day for several weeks with the exception of a 10-day trip with his wife to Paris and Barcelona. "I wanted to do it and didnt want to do it at the same time," Long said. "The trainers told me I had to get out of the room for a few days. They were long days and they still are, but Im glad to do it." Indiana Pacers Pro Shop . With the Canadiens leading by one to start the third period, Price turned away 16 shots by the Panthers in the final frame to give Montreal a 2-1 victory over Florida on Monday night. The Panthers (16-21-6) outshot Montreal 16-10 in the final frame, but were repeatedly frustrated by Price, who made 26 saves on the night. Derrick McKey Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Duck Calling With several marquee centres available via trade and expected to be available via free agency, the Anaheim Ducks could be primed to be big players in the coming days. https://www.cheappacers.com/. -- Cole De Vries had a couple of key strikeouts during what could have been the inning that doomed him to defeat against the Kansas City Royals, allowing him to escape further damage and keep the game tied up. Micheal Williams Jersey . Solomon Elimimian did not make the trip with the team after suffering what appeared to be a right leg injury in the teams regular season finale against the Calgary Stampeders. Troy Murphy Jersey . Beckham finished 2 for 4, adding a double in the first inning. Chicago has won eight of 12 to get back to .500 (27-27). The White Sox are 6-3 against Cleveland this season after losing 17 of 19 to their American League Central rival in 2013. Mike Aviles went 1 for 2 with a walk and drove in Clevelands run.LONDON -- The normally serene Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini lost his cool and slammed the referee for allowing two "illegal goals" and missing what he called a clear penalty in the 2-2 draw with Arsenal on Saturday. In a rare outburst from Pellegrini, the Chilean said there were fouls in the buildup to both of Arsenal goals and criticized referee Mark Clattenburg for not blowing the whistle for a handball in Arsenals area by midfielder Jack Wilshere. "Its a good point when they score two illegal goals," Pellegrini said. "For the first one, it was two or three fouls -- continuous fouls -- on (Sergio) Aguero, and the second one (Danny) Welbeck pushed (Vincent) Kompany with no intention of playing the ball and then it was a goal." Pellegrini, who is known for a having a cool and unflappable demeanour, was visibly upset, saying the Premier League champions would have left Emirates Stadium with all three points if it hadnt been for poor refereeing. "Today, it was unbelievable,&quuot; Pellegrini said.dddddddddddd"Two goals for Arsenal and another penalty he didnt whistle for - twice, with the hand inside the box. ... He (Clattenburg) had a very bad game." In Citys 3-2 loss to Liverpool in April, Clattenburg gave Liverpool a free kick late in injury time inside the teams own area, even though the ball appeared to be handled by Martin Skrtel. On Saturday against Arsenal, TV replays appeared to show Wilshere handling the ball. "We were denied a clear penalty for a handball," Pellegrini said. "Last season, it was Skrtel with a fist for Liverpool in the six-yard box and today it was Wilshere with two hands on the ball inside the box." Pellegrini said it will be difficult to retain the Premier League title this season. "It will be very hard because all the teams want to beat us," Pellegrini said. "I think that we have difficult decisions from the referee, not just today but in the last game against Stoke where we were denied a clear penalty. ' ' '